The 10 Best Air Conditioner Money Saving Tips
When the Aussie summer is in full swing, along with it come those scorching days when all we want is to stay inside and enjoy the cool breeze of the air conditioner. The only problem is, just like the mercury in the thermometer, electricity prices are at an all-time high. So, you wonder, how to cool the whole house without it costing the price of the actual house?
Well, the solution may be simpler than you think, and here are 10 steps you can take to own an AC and still save money on your power bill:
- Cover any cracks on door and windows to keep the cool air from going out and the hot air from coming in.
- Rearrange your furniture to ensure all ducts are unobstructed for free airflow.
- Air ducts must be cleaned regularly to provide the best air quality for you and your family, so get them serviced as necessary.
- Planting trees and bushes near your north and west-facing windows go a long way to protect your home from overheating in the hottest days.
- Awnings and external shades, paired with internal blinds and curtains, will prevent direct sunlight from turning your house into a greenhouse.
- Schedule regular maintenance checks for your air conditioner to guarantee the best performance for the lowest price.
- In case you have an old unit, consider upgrading to a newer, more cost-effective machine with higher energy saving star rates. Although this may represent an upfront investment, it will save you a lot of money in the future.
- Use the timer of your air conditioner to ensure cost-effectiveness and remember to turn it off when you leave the room.
- Be energy wise and lower your system’s settings overnight.
- Learn how to run your Air Conditioning Unit at a low cost in bedrooms and other small areas: “10 Energy-Efficient Ways to Cool your Bedroom in Summer”.
To save even more, visit our website and discover what our cooling and heating solutions can do for your home and your pocket.
You can also chat with a Carrier Air expert on 13 COOL to find the best product to suit your needs.